Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Ever Afters go to...SERBIA!!!!

Once upon a time - by which, I mean yesterday - I was taking a long re-plotting walk through my new neighborhood. It was not very fruitful on the plotting front, but I made an executive decision not to let it bother me.

Why?

The sun was shining.

Because it was so darn pretty outside.

And all of Portland was in bloom.

Then, I got back and found an email from Kathleen that made EVERYTHING SPARKLE WITH AWESOME:

The Ever Afters sold in Serbia!! To Alnari Publishing!!!! In a two-book deal!

Hold on for a second - I need to squee my head off.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Yes, this pleases me greatly. Rory, Chase, and Lena will be in such good company!! Alnari also publishes Peter and the Starcatchers, The Spiderwick Chronicles, and THE HUNGER GAMES - plus some assorted titles from Tamora Pierce, Stephen King, Salman Rushdie, Meg Cabot, and Nora Roberts.

(According to Alnari's website, author names get translated too. I mean, Stephen King and Nora Roberts are still Stephen King and Nora Roberts, but Philip Pullman becomes Filip Pulman, Suzanne Collins turns into Suzan Kolins. Cool, right?)

I can't wait to see what the Serbian cover will look like! According to Google Translate and Cruiser Dictionary, the title will look something like this:

Евер Афтерс | Ever Afters

Џинова и леда | Of Giants and Ice


Disclaimer: I don't actually speak Serbian. If you do and if you have a better translation, please comment on this post, and I'll change this!

Many thanks to Kathleen (a.k.a. the Queen of Foreign Rights), Jo, and the lovely people of Alnari Publishing!

I'm pretty sure y'all made my whole week. :-)

2 comments:

Baking Up Life said...

Thats incredible! SUPER Congratulations to you!

LOVE! :)

Shelby Bach said...

Thank you, my dear Cathy!!! LOVE!! :-)