Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Forget all your cares and go downtown..

Today, I went to town.

Now that I'm living on a mountain in the country, going to town is kind of an ordeal. You drive down one mountain and then through dozens more on a two-lane highway that snakes along the banks of the Gallatin River. The route is lined with small white crosses, memorials to those that have died in crashes on that road. It takes about an hour and a half each way.

It's also beautiful.

Okay, so this is technically the grocery store parking lot, but it proves my point.
What does the view from your grocery store look like?


Since it's a trek to go to town, a lot of shopping gets done.

I went to get produce (I have been joaking that I'll get scurvy). I came back with books.
  1. Impossible, by Nancy Werlin (which I have been eyeing for over a month now)
  2. Ella Enchanted, by Gail Carson Levine (one of my favorite books of all time. I think this is the fifth copy I've owned, BUT I needed a copy up here - and obviously couldn't wait)
  3. Bras and Broomsticks, by Sarah Mlynowski (I've heard good things for years. However, her last name is an example of why I use a pseudonym.)
  4. A Barnes & Noble membership (okay, not a book, but I was proud of myself)
Actually, I recently realized that I've spent more on books this year than on food. I blame it on working in a publishing house. A year ago, I got books for free!!

It didn't help my addiction. :-/

No comments: